Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving in Seattle


My oldest brother has been living in Nairobi, Kenya with his wife and son. He is an epidemiologist doing AIDS research, she works for PEPFAR. He is associated with the University of Washington in Seattle and comes back to the States to write a paper and teach for a few months out of the year. So this Thanksgiving my family had a Chung Reunion in Seattle. It was the first time all the Chung cousins would be together, my middle brother lives in Las Vegas and they're expecting their second in April.

I like Seattle a lot. Even though it rains a ton. Apparently it's been a record-shattering November in terms of rainfall, but we actually had a few days where the sun came out. It was a very nice Thanksgiving. My parents really lucked out with 3 great daughters-in-law who all get along really well with each other. Everybody helped out with everything and I think everyone had a relaxing time. It was special to see my sons interacting with my brothers' sons.

Next week, my brother returns to Kenya and we will not see him for at least another year.

No comments: